Mentoring and Onboarding Across Ranks and Series (MOARS) – Teaching & Professional Faculty
Inclusive climate is an existential element that underlines all faculty activities. More broadly, it is a prerequisite for a healthy, well-functioning unit, and a leading indicator of employee satisfaction and program success. MOARS focuses on mentoring of individuals and therefore aims to strengthen their ability to integrate into and build a positive, inclusive environment. Historically, mentoring initiatives have targeted new tenure-track faculty at DU.Yet, given the call for ongoing growth related to inclusive excellence a more coordinated effort for informal andformal mentoring and onboarding across ranks and professorial series is needed. The diversity of DU faculty isa strength that helps provide guidance for how faculty can feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work interms of our diverse social identities, our varied departmental/divisional contexts, the stage of our career,our professorial life and responsibilities, and our competing interests that impact balance across work and life priorities.
To build better on-boarding and mentoring programs for all faculty
Scope of Work
- Establish a program that builds the capacity of individuals to integrate into and promote an inclusive climate.
- Identify mentoring priorities and potential models that reach all faculty ranks and series, along with enhancing onboarding of new faculty members to the diverse DU community.
- Launch the onboarding system and FLC mentorship pilot for new assistant professors.
- Review pilot outcomes and strategize an action plan.
- Gradually expand mentorship models to additional subgroups, i.e.associate professors and non-tenure-track faculty.
- Review outcomes and develop an ecosystem to sustain an inclusive climate at the unit level
University Writing Program
Biological Sciences, College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics
Morgridge College of Education
Counseling Psychology, Morgridge College of Education
Marketing, Daniels College of Business